Sunday, July 31, 2011

Star Wars Week - Iron on Transfers

This was my first ever eBay purchase!
A 1977 STAR WARS Iron on Transfer book. It has 16 different fantastic designs.
I can still remember that little rush of glee when I won the item, and I have been hooked on eBay ever since.

I love that C-3PO and R2-D2 are listed as See Threepio and Artoo Detoo on these transfers. This is how they were originally named, and are listed as such on the end credits of STAR WARS Episode IV A New Hope in 1977, with the abbreviated names in brackets. 
Each consecutive movie (including the prequels) dropped the full name and simply used C-3PO and R2-D2.
Little bit of STAR WARS trivia on this sunny Sunday!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...